Thursday, June 26, 2008

First Entry

I've been wanting to start writing a blog for the longest time but have been putting it off for various reasons, such as not knowing what to say, where to start,etc. Then I realized that I missed the therapeutic aspect of writing. In high school and college I always kept an informal journal in my notebooks. A month ago I found my old notebooks and really enjoyed reading them. I stopped writing because more than once something I wrote got me in trouble so I decided not to write anymore.

I also realized how much I miss my old friends and wished that we had kept in touch better through the years. In the age of email and free long distance calls there really isn't a reason not to keep in touch. Many times I feel like I am the one who makes the effort, by visiting, driving 2 hours etc and I guess I just got tired of it. Sometimes new friends take your time and energy. But I still feel like your old friend are like family. No matter how much time goes by you still feel totally at ease with them.

No comments: