Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Facebook

Lately I've been on Facebook far too much. I can't help being facinated by all the old photos that are being posted and connecting with friends from the past. It's also kind of depressing, realizing that we are getting so much older - where did 20 years go! So many names I had forgotten.

I have also thought a lot about people who have died. Seeing so many pictures of people, even if I didn't know them very well, it's so hard to see the (RIP) next to their names. I especially think of a friend who died a few years ago who was only in her mid 30's. We had drifted apart, didn't see each other that much unless we ran into each other at a club or a show. But I still feel I should have done more to help her and to have been a better friend.

I think that having kids helps you come to terms with aging on one hand but makes you notice it more on the other. As you see your children grew and change it is such a tangible show of time passing. Before I had a daughter I was much more selfish and vain - I am glad that Natalie has taken the focus off myself. As the 1990's went by it seems we didn't age much and days turned into years, years into a decade that had passed by.

No comments: